history of the house
The Dutch Colonial style home was built in 1913 by a Scottish widow, Mrs. McDougal. The wedding of Mrs. McDougal's daughter, Miss Maggie McDougal to Mr. Milton Parker was the first of many festive occasions held in the home. (Mrs. Maggie McDougal Parker was Bryan's first caterer.)
Victory Rose was later purchased from the McDougals by Edgar and Bonnie Jones. Blocker and Dorothy Trant purchased the home in 1968 and operated the home as a bed and breakfast for many years.
Victory Rose was one of the first homes in the city of Bryan to be restored and recognized on the National Registry of Historical places.
Edward and Susanne Seale purchased the home in 2004 after retiring from careers in business and teaching. They continued restoration on the historic home and changed its name to Victory Rose as a celebration of their victory in Jesus Christ, the Rose of Sharon.
Ed and Sue enjoy traveling to new places, lodging in bed and breakfasts, and meeting new friends along the way. Victory Rose is a bed and breakfast where guests can relax and enjoy the peaceful and beautiful home.